Why Join the IBEW Local 120?
- Do you want to earn more money?
- Do you want benefits?
- Do you want a retirement plan?
- Do you want a regular work schedule and an increase in pay when you work outside of your regular hours e.g. night shift?
- Do you want to be paid overtime?
- Do you want more training?
- Do you want a safer working environment?
- Do you want access to a more diverse scope of work?
- Do you want the ability to travel?
- Do you want your employer to sign an apprenticeship contract with you?
If you answered “yes”, discover the benefits of being a member of the IBEW Local 120.
- Members of the IBEW Local 120 receive an hourly wage that has been negotiated by the IBEW and the contractors. These wages are some of, if not the best in the electrical industry and cannot be decreased by the contractor.
- Members of the IBEW Local 120 enjoy an extensive benefit package that includes life insurance, short and long term disability, out of province/Canada insurance, dental care, hearing, vision and a drug plan to name a few.
- Members of the IBEW Local 120 manage their own RRSP account. Contributions are made by the employer on behalf of the member for every hour that member works.
- Members of the IBEW Local 120 have a collective agreement that states the regular hours of work. It also states that members who work an afternoon shift or night shift will receive a negotiated shift premium.
- Members of the IBEW Local 120 receive overtime pay for every hour they work that is in excess of those in a regular work day and for every hour they work that is in excess of a regular work week as well as for every hour worked on Saturday, Sunday and statutory holidays.
- Members of the IBEW Local 120 receive training free of charge. Some training includes first aid, all terrain forklift, Broderson, pipe bending, fire alarm, code book updates and welding to name a few.
- Members of the IBEW Local 120 have continued access to various kinds of safety training and a commitment from both the IBEW Local 120 and our signatory contractors to maintain a safe working environment.
- Members of the IBEW Local 120 work in the Industrial, Commercial, Institutional (ICI) Sector, the Residential Sector, the Communications Sector, the Mining Sector and the Line Sector. Some examples include hospitals, schools, car plants, industrial plants, commercial buildings, housing, apartment buildings, mining, wind farms, solar farms and substations.
- Members of the IBEW Local 120 regularly work elsewhere in the province of Ontario as well as all across the country while still enjoying the benefits of an IBEW collective agreement.
- Members of the IBEW Local 120 who are not yet a licensed electrician are signed to an apprenticeship contract before they are ever sent to a jobsite.
If you are interested in becoming a member of the IBEW Local 120, fill out the organzing form and our Membership Development Coordinator will contact you shortly.